desktop sharing application using c++ RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded the program from here http://www.tightvnc.com version 2.7.10 and compiled successfully using visual studio 2013.

One is the tvn server and other is the viewer.

We connected successfully the server and viewer using my friend’s laptop pair with server and client interaction.

When the application runs all the control of the server computer goes to client. In other words the viewer computer can even hook the server, perform all   the actions that a user can do on a local or personal computer and even shutdown the remote or server computer using application that is even great in positive terms.

But we want to implement/modify the application in such a way that only server can share the screen not the hooking /controlling of entire application by the viewer.

In this regard it is need of removing some .h and .cpp files.

But we do not know what files to remove to achieve the desired goal.

Please tell a way or modify the application in such a way that control never goes to the viewer and always see the screen of the server computer.

Also please tell that when a wrong IP is added through the client/viewer side then the following error comes  http://wikisend.com/download/914120/error that we want to find out in the code where it is and want to modify it in some terms. 

Thanks

• Moved by Shu 2017 Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:09 AM third party software
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:11 PM

Answers

• On 4/28/2015 9:11 AM, ADNAN_SHAHID wrote:

But we want to implement/modify the application in such a way that only server can share the screen not the hooking /controlling of entire application by the viewer.

TightVNC supports this out of the box. Under settings, look for "Block remote input events".

Igor Tandetnik
    • Marked as answer by ADNAN_SHAHID Saturday, May 2, 2015 2:05 PM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:04 PM

All replies

• I assume this is your task to understand how the source works and what you need to do.  This forum is a place you can ask if you have problems, but if you want to save the payment for consultant or a C++ professional that I assume you are wrong here.

I'm pretty sure if you contact the Software owners using the contac link they will offer you  consulting for $$$.

Best regards

Bordon

Note: Posted code pieces may not have a good programming style and may not perfect. It is also possible that they do not work in all situations. Code pieces are only indended to explain something particualar.

• Edited by Bordon Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:20 PM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:18 PM
  • On 4/28/2015 9:11 AM, ADNAN_SHAHID wrote:

TightVNC supports this out of the box. Under settings, look for "Block remote input events".

Igor Tandetnik
    • Marked as answer by ADNAN_SHAHID Saturday, May 2, 2015 2:05 PM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:04 PM