Need help for Sync db table with image data column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  i am using sync service to do the database sync between sql express 2005 and compact 3.5.

It was woking ok before i added one image data column into the table.

Now i can only sync download the table schema with data (all the image download properly), however i can not sycn back the newly added image in the compact db to server side db.

I am using server side stored procedure to do apply insert and update. etc.

What should i do for make my db sync appliction to support my db with image data column.

Thanks

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:59 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:04 PM

Answers

•  

Hi, Thanks for you reply. Actually the probelm had been solved. nothing worong with image column, actually the problem was caused by the identify id column, i believe sync services is not working properly for those tables with identify column as primary key.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:44 PM

All replies

• When you say you cannot sync, is the sync failing?

Or the sync passes but the data is not sent?

Can you elaborate on the problem you are facing?

You could also profile the server side to see what statements are being run on the server and troubleshoot that way.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:17 AM
  •  

Hi, Thanks for you reply. Actually the probelm had been solved. nothing worong with image column, actually the problem was caused by the identify id column, i believe sync services is not working properly for those tables with identify column as primary key.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:44 PM
  • the Identify column can be created at the client , but you will need to take are of the ranges for the clients to ensure each of them are assigned to a unique range so that inserts in the client will not conflict with the existing rows at the server.

please refer to the sync services BOL section ms-help://MS.SynchronizationServices.v1.EN/syncdata1/html/38c1467e-4749-4298-ac9c-b80ae5b28217.htm for the details.

thanks

Yunwen

Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:16 PM