Restricting Creation of New Record based on location of Entity on CRM RRS feed

• Question

• I have an entity called "Application Form" which is (many to one) related to "Contact", such that an Application Form can only be created if it has a linked relationship with an existing Contact. I map Contact data into the Application Form which saves lots of re-inputting.

However, I want all the Application Forms to be viewable and editable on my Extensions section on the Wunderbar.  This means users can simply view all Application Forms in a grid view without having to go through the Contact Form, but I don't want users to be able to create Application Forms here.  However, at the moment users can create application forms here but the application form will not be linked back to the Contact details, which breaks my link with Application Forms and Contacts.

I am familiar with the excellent code by http://blog.davehawes.com/post/2008/04/23/MSCRM-4-Remove-Add-Existing-xxxxx-button.aspx which hides certain buttons, but don't think that is my solution in this case, unless of course I can edit the Onload main screen, which I don't think I can.

In summary how do I have a create new button on my Application Form when it is called from the Contact Form, but hide the create new button when users are viewing and editing the Application Form when accessed directly through the Wunderbar?

Thanks,

Jim

I hope I've explained my problem properly

Regards

Jim
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 6:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim,

You might want to consider moving this from Deployment to Development.  You might receive more suggestions in Development.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jimbo64 Monday, April 6, 2009 7:51 PM
    Monday, April 6, 2009 6:56 PM