Cannot Subscribe after downloading OneCare 2 RRS feed

• Question

• I switched from OC1 to OC2 Beta without problem. Later an update to OC2 Beta would not accept Subscribe so I reverted to OC1. When the Final OC2 was announced I downloaded it but it too will not accept Subscribe. The symptom is that on Sign In I just get an error message that "the e-mail address or the password are incorrect, sign in again".

I have checked the Subscription on the Billing website and it shows up fine using the identical e-mail address and password. I guess I have a corruption in the Registry somewhere. How do I clear it? OS is Vista Ultimate.

Keith Woolf

Sunday, December 23, 2007 8:28 PM

Answers

• Just to be clear, have you reinstalled OneCare in order to get version 2.0? Is your password longer than 8 characters and/or does it include characters other than letters and numbers? Are you copying and pasting your password into the password field at signin? If you are pasting the password, type it in manually, as there is a bug in the form that does not allow for pasting. If your password is complex, as per the above, change it temporarily at http://account.live.com and try again.

-steve

Monday, December 24, 2007 1:48 PM

All replies

• Just to be clear, have you reinstalled OneCare in order to get version 2.0? Is your password longer than 8 characters and/or does it include characters other than letters and numbers? Are you copying and pasting your password into the password field at signin? If you are pasting the password, type it in manually, as there is a bug in the form that does not allow for pasting. If your password is complex, as per the above, change it temporarily at http://account.live.com and try again.

-steve

Monday, December 24, 2007 1:48 PM
  • Yippee!

Yes, I have re-installed OneCare in order to get version 2.0. Re-reading your November post I see that I should have waited until invited. I'm an impetuous 70 year old!

Yes, my password is longer than 8 characters and does contain punctuation characters.

Yes, I was doing a copy/paste of the password at sign-in.

I typed it in manually and 'Bingo' it worked without changing it to a shorter/simpler password. I guess your suggestion to change to a 'Simple' password temporarily is needed in some cases but my password is 'only' 9 characters and simply typing it in manually did the trick.

I am in the midst of coverting from XP to Vista (delayed by slow delivery of drivers by some manufacturers and still some software applications not yet Vista capable) and the conversion to OneCare 2 is part of the process - I want to get one machine fully converted before I touch the others.

Many thanks for your assistance. Happy Christmas, a prosperous New Year and keep up the good work.

Monday, December 24, 2007 7:54 PM
  • You're very welcome and the same to you! Keep up the impetuousness, I like it!

-steve

Monday, December 24, 2007 9:45 PM