Place Holder/Literal Control does not always reload RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an issue/problem when dynamically reloading a literal control in a place holder in a VB.Net aspx page.

Scenario:

1. Page initially loads - the literal control is built in the Code behind and then added to the Place holder
       - The page includes a drop down list.
       - The first item in this list is set as selected
       - The data displayed in the literal control relates to this item (The literal control is a DIV with labels and Text areas)
    2. User selects a new item in Drop down list on the page which causes an auto postback.
       - The Literal control is recreated using different data and redisplayed to the page
    3. User selects another item in the drop down list
       - The literal control though recreated DOES NOT display the correct information
    4. Debugging the process confirms the correct data has been obtained from the data base
       - The String that is used to update the literal control has the correct information, it is just
         that the page does not display it
       - I am clearing the control and then trying to add the new control
    5. If I refreash the page (Ctrl+F5) and try (2) again the page displays the correct information, however
       selecting another item from the drop down list does not

What am I missing/doing wrong

Any assistance greatly appreaciated  

Thanks

Andrew

Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have an issue/problem when dynamically reloading a literal control in a place holder in a VB.Net aspx page.

Scenario:

1. Page initially loads - the literal control is built in the Code behind and then added to the Place holder
       - The page includes a drop down list.
       - The first item in this list is set as selected
       - The data displayed in the literal control relates to this item (The literal control is a DIV with labels and Text areas)
    2. User selects a new item in Drop down list on the page which causes an auto postback.
       - The Literal control is recreated using different data and redisplayed to the page
    3. User selects another item in the drop down list
       - The literal control though recreated DOES NOT display the correct information
    4. Debugging the process confirms the correct data has been obtained from the data base
       - The String that is used to update the literal control has the correct information, it is just
         that the page does not display it
       - I am clearing the control and then trying to add the new control
    5. If I refreash the page (Ctrl+F5) and try (2) again the page displays the correct information, however
       selecting another item from the drop down list does not

What am I missing/doing wrong

Any assistance greatly appreaciated  

Thanks

Andrew

I think you may want to post your question in the APS.Net forums perhaps.

La vida loca

Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:24 PM