status says at risk what do i do RRS feed

• Question

•  

ok im going to start off saying I am HORRIBLE with computers!!!! but my status is saying its at risk on windows live onecare. i have all my updates done and i clicked on where it says help but it didnt help me any. does anyone know what to do?
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:38 PM

Answers

• I moved your post out of Off Topic to General.

If OneCare reports your PC "at risk" you need to open OneCare. The main window for OneCare will have a banner at the top that is colored the same as the risk level, red or yellow, and text within that explains the action or actions you need to take to go back to green.

If you need help, you can contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:27 PM

All replies

• I moved your post out of Off Topic to General.

If OneCare reports your PC "at risk" you need to open OneCare. The main window for OneCare will have a banner at the top that is colored the same as the risk level, red or yellow, and text within that explains the action or actions you need to take to go back to green.

If you need help, you can contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:27 PM
  • i did and i clicked on the red banner it says urgent and says help. when i click it pulls up window live onecare help center and i see nothing that tells me what to do.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:10 PM
  • What *exactly* does the Urgent message state? The status message will also indicate what needs to be done. It may refer you to get Help for the problem. Are you getting any other messages from OneCare?

In any event, you probably should contact OneCare support. See the link in my previous reply for how to reach support.

-steve

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:41 PM