i got a virus without downloading or clicking and i cant access any programes RRS feed

• General discussion

• hey everyone im on a different computer right now trying to find anysort of solution right now to a terrible problem i got after clicking on a link to a webpage and suddenly my computer had a virus after a few miniutes i thought nothng of it as it seemd windows defender got rid of it but after resttarting my computer some hours later i was litrelly un able to do anything. my laptop was origianly vista but i upgraded tp win 7 proffesianal  so i dont know how exacty i am going to reeboot the system if i need to
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Monday, August 16, 2010 11:34 PM Off topic. Not a One Care question.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Monday, August 16, 2010 11:34 PM (From:Windows Live OneCare Anti-Virus)
    Monday, August 16, 2010 7:11 PM

All replies

• This forum is for the discussion of Windows Live One Care. Don't you have antivirus software installed? Windows Defender is very limited in the types of malware it can protect you from. You can get help with malware removal here - https://consumersecuritysupport.microsoft.com/default.aspx?mkt=en-us&scrx=1

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Monday, August 16, 2010 11:39 PM
  • but now im unable to access anything because within seconds of turing on the computer the virus opens an error message restarting the computer over and over. I'm really really stuck and i dont know what to do if i reeboot i will loose everything and i want to only do it after trying everything else first please please can you advise me how i can get rid of the virus or stop it from keep restarting so i can stop the virus

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:29 PM
  • but now im unable to access anything because within seconds of turing on the computer the virus opens an error message restarting the computer over and over. I'm really really stuck and i dont know what to do if i reeboot i will loose everything and i want to only do it after trying everything else first please please can you advise me how i can get rid of the virus or stop it from keep restarting so i can stop the virus

Follow the link that Jim provided for free support with virus and malware removal from Microsoft.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:43 AM