Live Mesh Update runs all the time, never seems to be applied. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Starting about 3 weeks ago, I have received several updates for Live Mesh on my work PC. I always choose to update them, but the next day or 2 days later there are more updates. This never happens with my home machine. Is this normal, and if not, do I just re-install? Thanks!

It should be noted that functionality has not been affected in any way and it still works great.
    Friday, February 6, 2009 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you log into an administrator account on your work PC?  What OS is it running?  If you can provide a bit more information about the situation, we may be able to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Friday, February 6, 2009 10:25 PM
  • Oh sorry, I am running Windows XP SP3 on both as an Admin. I'm thinking maybe I need to re-install at work as it only happens there. 
    Monday, February 9, 2009 3:22 PM
  • I would go ahead and reinstall. What I find odd is that you are getting any prompts about updates at all as there has only been one client update recently.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:07 PM
  • Yeah. I know. Weird.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:56 PM
  • I actually just started uninstalling Live Mesh, and in the middle, a window popped up asking if I wanted to configure Live Mesh updates? I said, ok sure, and in above the tray I saw a little progress bar and when it was full, it said "Live Mesh updated. Restart your machine to apply changes". (Keep in mind it only flashed for a second, these messages are paraphrased).  I'm going to go ahead and finish uninstalling, reboot and tell you what happens. Thanks. I hope this helps.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:05 PM
  • Seems to have worked! Thanks!
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:24 PM
  • Excellent. :-)
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:30 PM