4393 Das im Analysepunktpuffer vorhandene Kennzeichen ist ungültig RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Members,

on my WHS Console I've got an Error message. I don't know the English message, therefore i will send the German expression: (Es sind Dateikonflikte aufgetreten) "4393  Das im Analysepunktpuffer vorhandene Kennzeichen ist ungültig" .

I have searched the whole Internet, but i cannot find any solution to fix that problem. I have tried to delete that file from the share. I have stopped the replication of that folder.

Also i tried to change the attributes attrib -h <filename> /d/s.

I have got only the same Error message.  

Can you please help me and give me a hint how i can fix it or where i can find some information about that problem.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Hans-Peter Schiefer

Sunday, October 3, 2010 10:39 AM

Answers

• This message indicates that a tombstone file has incorrect reparse point tag. If you have only one problematic file you can solve manually as pointed out below. 

1. Logon to the server desktop (remote desktop is ok)

2. Locate and rescue the file, browse to C:\fs\DE\shares\........ or D:\DE\shares\...... If the file is still there copy to another location (my documents folder or server desktop).

4. Open a command prompt window, run reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DEFilter /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f

5. Reboot the server

6. Logon to the server desktop, open command prompt, run Fsutil reparsepoint delete d:\shares\... (d:\shares\... represents full path to the problematic file)

7. Delete all copies of the problematic file in C:\fs\DE\shares\... and D:\DE\shares\...

8. From command prompt window run reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DEFilter /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

9. Reboot the server.

If you have multiple problematic files, don't trust yourself to do this manually or suspect there may be more problematic files you can also use the Windows Hiome Server Cleanup Tool

• Marked as answer by HaPeSchi Thursday, October 7, 2010 3:36 PM
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 1:18 PM

All replies

• This message indicates that a tombstone file has incorrect reparse point tag. If you have only one problematic file you can solve manually as pointed out below. 

1. Logon to the server desktop (remote desktop is ok)

2. Locate and rescue the file, browse to C:\fs\DE\shares\........ or D:\DE\shares\...... If the file is still there copy to another location (my documents folder or server desktop).

4. Open a command prompt window, run reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DEFilter /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f

5. Reboot the server

6. Logon to the server desktop, open command prompt, run Fsutil reparsepoint delete d:\shares\... (d:\shares\... represents full path to the problematic file)

7. Delete all copies of the problematic file in C:\fs\DE\shares\... and D:\DE\shares\...

8. From command prompt window run reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DEFilter /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

9. Reboot the server.

If you have multiple problematic files, don't trust yourself to do this manually or suspect there may be more problematic files you can also use the Windows Hiome Server Cleanup Tool

• Marked as answer by HaPeSchi Thursday, October 7, 2010 3:36 PM
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 1:18 PM
  • Many, many thanks, 

that was exactly what i needed! Before i tried to delete it with fsutil, but it doesn't work. Can you please explain what the effect of  "reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DEFilter /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f" is? 

Again many thanks!

HaPe

Thursday, October 7, 2010 3:42 PM
  • Many many thanks, too. It worked !!!!!

I looked about half a year for this solution (the manual) and tried almost everything that had been suggested. And it always failed.

Manni

Friday, August 5, 2011 6:24 PM
  • Many many thanks, too. It worked !!!!!

I looked about half a year for this solution (the manual) and tried almost everything that had been suggested. And it always failed.

Manni

This is a graceful way to stop DEfilter service so you can delete the problematic reparsepoint (tombstone).
    Henk Panneman - http://www.homeserverweb.nl
    Friday, August 5, 2011 6:59 PM