none
Web App Development - Powerful Data Entry Forms Needed RRS feed

• Question

• There is a growing trend to move away from Javascript tools. Microsoft is heading in one direction with Blazor to eliminate javascript dependance.  Others are dropping jQuery support and moving to more generic javascript implementations.

My question to the Blazor team regarding what is the plans for making super-powerful data editing forms resulted in a response that "we are not interested and have too many bugs to work out yet".  

There are tens of  thousands of MVC apps created pre ASP.NET Core using jquery for inline table editing,  or modal dialogs for editing - and the packages these were created with are not supported in Core 3.0+ .   So what is the Microsoft plan for addressing this need?

Fact - we need powerful data entry forms - they need to work well,  look great and be easy to construct and maintain.

The response from the Blazor team in my view is not acceptable.   Someone needs to take a look into this area and come up with a better response.  

Thursday, November 7, 2019 2:41 PM

All replies

• You should be providing this via the feedback button in Visual Studio as the team you are attempting to reach do not monitor this forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Thursday, November 7, 2019 4:01 PM
  • You're preaching to the wrong choir. The forum or forums link below is where you need to preach.   

http://forums.asp.net/

Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:40 PM
  • Hi TonyLong,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, your issue is more related to ASP.NET Core. Therefore, it will be more appropriate to ask your question in ASP.NET Core Forums
    The C# forum is for C# related question, we discuss and ask the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples and tools here. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 7:04 AM