Print problem RRS feed

• Question

• We built a web based application in Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5, we used Reporting Services (SQL2008R2) for printing.

While using the application we print on A4 paper, A6 paper and on a label printer. We used one Brother HL-5450DN printer configured for A4 and A6 paper. The label printer is a Brother QL-570 printer. All printers are well configured. We encounter the following problem. When the A6 printer is selected as the standard printer the label does not uses its default settings; its switches to the A6 settings. When printing something from another webpage this problem does not occur.

When the label printer is selected as the standard printer the A6 printer does not uses its default settings. When printing something from another webpage this problem does not occur.

The A4 printer has no problems whatsoever.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me.

Many thanks

Friday, July 12, 2013 1:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss: Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

We used Reporting Services (SQL2008R2) for printing.

If it is related to the SSRS, you could post this issue to this forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlreportingservices.

Anyway, I move it to the moderator forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Monday, July 15, 2013 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, July 22, 2013 2:05 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 8:32 AM