none
Marked many posts as answers RRS feed

• General discussion

• I want to know if this is MSDN Forum policy or abuse of power by moderator.  The reason why i created this discussion was that in the link below, the OP marked many posts as answer and moderator came in and unmarked the thread because the answer is unjustify. Im asking this question from anyone reading this discussion, Who decides which post is justify as a solution to thread OP or moderator?.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbide/thread/649347cf-d26f-4d94-aec8-b9d9b3a77077

kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    • Moved by kleinma Monday, July 13, 2009 5:23 PM (From:Visual Basic General)
    Monday, July 13, 2009 4:59 PM

All replies

• Personally, I say that sucks, but I don't know the whole story.  You can tell the OP of that thread to go back and mark all of them again and add a post explaining why he/she decided to do it that way.

Doug

SEARCH ... then ask
    Monday, July 13, 2009 5:12 PM
  • That was helpful of you, but there really isn't even a question in that thread; its more about ESL than VB.

Do you really want to get that picayune about the whole thing? You risk being labelled as someone that is difficult to work with, and that would be a shame because you are quite skilled in programming.

Just a thought.
    Monday, July 13, 2009 5:14 PM
  • This is not a topic that belongs in the VB section. I am moving it to forum feedback.
    Matt Kleinwaks - MSMVP MSDN Forums Moderator - www.zerosandtheone.com
    Monday, July 13, 2009 5:22 PM
  • > I am moving it to forum feedback.

I don't really see why this should be here.

It's complaining about a single thread in a single forum and presumably a single moderator.

It's hardly a suggestion for how to improve the forum software.

WSS FAQ sites: http://wssv2faq.mindsharp.com and http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com
    Total list of WSS 3.0 / MOSS 2007 Books (including foreign language) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/Lists/v3%20WSS%20FAQ/V%20Books.aspx
    Monday, July 13, 2009 5:28 PM
  • Perhaps there should be a moderator's forum which the admins watch. It might be best for morale if we don't see the moderator politics.
    Monday, July 13, 2009 5:40 PM
  • That was helpful of you, but there really isn't even a question in that thread; its more about ESL than VB.

Do you really want to get that picayune about the whole thing? You risk being labelled as someone that is difficult to work with, and that would be a shame because you are quite skilled in programming.

Just a thought.

@ Jinzai, I know is not about VB, my main point was that Who decides which post is justify as a solution to thread OP or moderator. i don't care about labelled

kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    Monday, July 13, 2009 5:50 PM
  • It is clearly spelled out in the moderator guidelines.  The OP makes the first call, a moderator may override it if s/he judges the post not to be the best answer to the question.  If the OP again marks it as answered, the OP's decision stands.  The opinion of the answer poster has no weight here, nor it there a reasonable expectation of a successful appeal through a thread like this one. 

This has been the way it worked for as long as I can remember.  And has been working well, nothing like endless acrimonious debates over answer marking to ruin a forum.

Hans Passant.
    Monday, July 13, 2009 6:59 PM
  • I have changed the thread back to it's original form with 4 answers given to kaymof as the only replys to the thread. However, I still believe some are taking advantage of the point system.
    Diana Microsoft Partner
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 7:03 PM
  • I have changed the thread back to it's original form with 4 answers given to kaymof as the only replys to the thread. However, I still believe some are taking advantage of the point system.
    Diana Microsoft Partner

@ djartsinc, You don't have to restore the points, you get me wrong, im not after the points. There may be some people taking advantage of point system but not me. There is no way i can mark any of my replies as answer or helpful. I know OP and moderators are the only one that have the ability to marked and unmarked replies. The reason i was mad at you was based on your statement that the replies marked by OP was unjust and made you unmarked the thread as unanswered. So, that was why i created this discussion for clarification on who get the final decision between OP and moderator on which posts is justify as a solutions to thread. Im just having fun answering questions in this MSDN forum and to improve my learning skill. To me accumulate points does not make me or other answerers to become good programmer because most of the points are not come from code but from information that lead OP to the solution.

kaymaf
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:54 PM