OCS 2007 R1 migration to R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an existing OCS R1 environment working in the client company. Live Meeting, Remote Access, Public Federation, Voice integration also enabled in the infrastructure. So, Enterprise pool, Edge server, CWA are also installed and activated. All are working in normal in this stage.

I will deploy the OCS R2 and do the migration of the users from R1. We confirmed to use the method of Inside Out.

However, as we are now discussing the migration approach, and we would like minimize the impact to the existing R1 users, e.g. the federation, remote access and CWA.

So we planned to setup the R2 side which has the same enterprise pool, edge server and CWA.

We noticed that R1 users cannot use the R2 Edge server (please correct me if i m wrong). So, can you suggest on how to do so?

Thursday, May 21, 2009 4:39 PM

All replies

• An R2 Access Edge server does support pre-R2 clients but you may need to modify the Client Version Filter on the Edge Server depending on the exact version of your installed pre-R2 clients.

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 1:18 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

Thanks. Here comes another question. For the client version filtering, is that a MUST to have the local admin rights?
    I understand that we need to use a tool in resource kit to plug the office client to a folder, is there any idea on how to define the folder path?

Regards,
    Tim
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:47 AM