Are schema names the same as the db table clumns names? RRS feed

• Question

• hey all, I want to create a website that links to the CRM. I need the names of the DB columns from Leads, Accounts and Opportunities. I don't have access to the main DB to look at the column names, but are they the same names as the Schema name in CRM 2013?
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    if you need to only read the data from the CRM you can use the filtered views, the structure is always Filtered+EntityName, so for account will be

SELECT firstname, lastname FROM FilteredAccount

for the columns name you can use the logical name, in addition they provide fields for lookups, for example you have parentcustomerid, you will have also parentcustomeridname field that contains the primary field value of the parentcustomerid.

If you need to write also data to CRM, you can't update directly the CRM DB but you need to use the CRM WebServices.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 11:01 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, the Schema Names are what the column names are in the database. But if you're planning to insert data directly into the Dynamics CRM database, I wouldn't recommend that since CRM has it's web services which are meant to be used.

However, each Entity has two corresponding tables in the Database, the <Entity>Base and the <Entity>ExtendedBase. So, if you want to have all the fields of an entity, you're better off using the Filtered<Entity> View.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 11:02 AM