none
MS MPI.NET across 2 systems RRS feed

• Question

• Team,

I have 2 systems connected via local area network. Now, i have installed MS MPI.NET API in 2 of the machines for inter-process communication. Now, i manually create a dataset with 1 Lakh records. From the first machine i need to access 50 thousand records out of the 1 Lakh records process and at the same time in parallel i need to notify the second machine that the first machine is processing first 50 thousand records and it should inform the second machine that it can process the next 50 thousand records. So that, in parallel i'm using both the machines for processing the dataset which can result in higher performance. Which is the best way to approach ? How shall approach this problem context ?

Prasenna
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If I understand the scenario correctly, I don't think you need MPI for this kind of scenario. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

You basically have a dataset with 100K records and you need machine 1 to process the first 50K records and machine 2 to process the second 50K records? I assume that this 100K record is sitting in a database somewhere. Each machine should be able to independently query the database to grab the desired records.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 12:16 AM