Can I move the website location for CRM 2011 so that ADFS can use the default? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

When I first set up the CRM server we already had an ADFS Proxy server. I now need to retire that server because I need the external IP that it is using. On page 14 of the "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Claims-based Authentication.docx" it says that "If you are installing Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011 in a single server configuration, be aware that AD FS 2.0 installs on the default website. Therefore, you must create a new website for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011."

Well I've already installed CRM last year so it's using the default website. When I try to install an AD FS Proxy on the CRM server it complains that an existing web site was detected.

Is there any way to move my CRM installation so that AD FS can run on the same server now?

Thanks for your help!

Monday, August 19, 2013 1:10 AM

Answers

• I think the "supported" way would be to uninstall/re-install CRM but in the past I've gotten away with changing the ID (under advanced settings of the site) to another number besides 1 and then created a new website named "Default Website" and gave it the ID of 1

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, August 19, 2013 1:47 PM

All replies

• I think the "supported" way would be to uninstall/re-install CRM but in the past I've gotten away with changing the ID (under advanced settings of the site) to another number besides 1 and then created a new website named "Default Website" and gave it the ID of 1

Jason Lattimer

Monday, August 19, 2013 1:47 PM
  • Hi Jason, thanks for your response.

If I go with the "supported" route, do I need to worry about losing any data when I uninstall CRM? Or would it detect the proper database when I re-installed it?

Thanks.

Monday, August 19, 2013 4:24 PM
  • During the install process, if you point to a SQL Server that has an existing MSCRM_CONFIG database it will use that and you can use your existing _MSCRM database with all your data. Anything "outside" of CRM like the deprecated /ISV folder would need to be handled manually. 

Move the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server or one of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server roles. However, leave the SQL Server and the SQL Server Reporting Services server intact: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh699772.aspx

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:03 PM