Need info on using the Unified Communications Client API to start app sharing with Live Meeting 2007 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am migrating a custom application from RTC 1.3 SDK over to using the UCC API.  The UCC API documentation does not provide any info about how to do app sharing.  I know it is possible in UCC, because Office Communicator 2007 can do "Meet Now" permitted the client has the Live Meeting 2007 and Live Meeting Add-in installed.  Does anyone have any ideas about how to get the equivalent functionality to "Meet Now" when using UCC API?  Perhaps at least a code snippet that illustrates how to use the ILiveMeetingAddin plug-in interfaces to instigate an immediate Live Meeting conference against an on-premises Office Communications Server 2007 back-end.  I wish the docs would hurry up and be updated since you have to use UCC API to get Windows Vista support.

Regards,

swregs

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 10:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

UCC API does not have the application sharing sharing. The application sharing in LM Console is different from the app sharing in RTC API which relied on NetMeeting. UCC API allows you to schedule a conference and if the data MCU is deployed, you will have application sharing as an available mode in the conference. However, you do need to use a LM 2007 Client to join this conference if you want to use the application sharing functionality.

Thanks,

Aatif

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

UCC API does not have the application sharing sharing. The application sharing in LM Console is different from the app sharing in RTC API which relied on NetMeeting. UCC API allows you to schedule a conference and if the data MCU is deployed, you will have application sharing as an available mode in the conference. However, you do need to use a LM 2007 Client to join this conference if you want to use the application sharing functionality.

Thanks,

Aatif

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:40 PM
  • Hi Aatif,

I am doing some work on the Office Communicator and related communication application, such as IM, and I need the UCC API. I searched the web and the MSDN site and have not been able to find it. Can you tell me where I can find it?

Thanks.

-Jack Zhuang

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 11:48 PM
  • Hi Jack,

We just shipped UCC API and you can download it from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=82c468da-3294-4ca9-bbcc-d455cfd06af2&displaylang=en

Thanks,

Aatif

Friday, October 12, 2007 7:14 AM
  • Hi Aatif,
               We are in a similar situation. Want to retrieve meeting information my OCS on-premise server. After i get the meeting information i will (someehow) pass it to LiveMeeting client and "join" an existing MeetNow session by automatically populating the meeting uri.
               I have been looking into the UCC API for some days but still cant find my way through. Trying to initialize the UccPlatform object gives me "Modeul not found" excpetion. I have .NET 3 installed and following all the steps mentioned in the SDK. Its really horribly written Smile.

Any help is welcome.

Regards and Thanks
    Irfan Bashir
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:34 PM