Synchornize local and sever database data using Microsoft Sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have some requirement in which I have to syncronize data between server and local using Microsoft sync feature in c#. But I can't access directly my server database due to high security. Then how can I do it ?

S.K. Satpathy

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:32 AM

All replies

• so how will you connect to the database?
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:44 AM
  • I want to create a wcf service which will interact with the server database and that service will be hosted in the server. At the time of syncronization I want to call that wcf service for bidirectional syncronization between server and client database. Is that possible to achieve this using Microsoft syncronization feature ?

S.K. Satpathy

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:15 AM
  • Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:51 AM
  • The above link doesn't match my requirement. My requirement is client application or a wcf service which is placed in client side will interact with the wcf service placed in server for bidirectional syncronization of the data.

S.K. Satpathy

Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:40 AM
  • not sure what you're actually looking for. you said you need WCF on the server side and call it from the client. now you're saying you need WCF on the client side as well. so where will you initiate the sync? the client or the server? either way, you will have a WCF proxy on the calling side invoking the WCF service on the other side... 

"My requirement is client application or a wcf service which is placed in client side will interact with the wcf service placed in server"

that's what that example  is exactly about, a client application calling a WCF service on the server side.

• Edited by JuneT Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:21 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:19 AM