Forward Email from specific Address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I need to forward an email to someone when I receive an email from someone else i.e

Recieve from A forward to B

How can i do this to be automatic?

Please help me.

Regards and Thanks

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:18 AM

Answers

• Hi

You have to create a workflow, go to settings==>workflow ==> create a new workflow for the email.

In the Entities select "email" and create a new workflow rule. Here configure the workflow like this.

Event:

Record Attribute Status Change (Select Activity Status)

Rules:

Insert Check Condition

If Activity Status == Email Sent && Email.From== "FromUser" then

Send Email (create new message).  // Fill in the properties with dynamic values.

The above may create loop as you are sending email, so make sure the "From" for the 1st and 2nd email is different.

Note: The same can be achieve using a custom plugin (in C#) by creating a plugin against SetState & SetStateDynamic message on the email entity.

Muhammad Ali Khan
    http://malikhan.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi

You have to create a workflow, go to settings==>workflow ==> create a new workflow for the email.

In the Entities select "email" and create a new workflow rule. Here configure the workflow like this.

Event:

Record Attribute Status Change (Select Activity Status)

Rules:

Insert Check Condition

If Activity Status == Email Sent && Email.From== "FromUser" then

Send Email (create new message).  // Fill in the properties with dynamic values.

The above may create loop as you are sending email, so make sure the "From" for the 1st and 2nd email is different.

Note: The same can be achieve using a custom plugin (in C#) by creating a plugin against SetState & SetStateDynamic message on the email entity.

Muhammad Ali Khan
    http://malikhan.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:35 AM
  • 10x a lot for your help

Regards,

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:43 AM