Change Default Web Site, CRM 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Barely new in CRM. Need to get it started, but I met the problem - default Microsoft CRM Web Page it creates to work with doesn't fit for us at all. Need to make a new one with new names, relationships and etc. But can't find - how. Tried to search for CRM manual, but both ones I found (Implementation Guide and other I can't remember atm) describes very precise how to start working with default Web Page CRM makes at the instalation moment, but nothing about how to customise or recreate a new Web Page.

Microsoft SharePoint has it's own wizard to customize default web page, but I can't find it to be in CRM.
    Thursday, December 13, 2007 12:59 PM

Answers

•  

CRM can be customized to change the way it looks, to create new records types, create new attributes for existing records and how the navigation works.

The on-line help will give you some help. However, you really need to go on the CRM 3.0 Customization course which describes all of the above.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:25 PM

All replies

•  

CRM can be customized to change the way it looks, to create new records types, create new attributes for existing records and how the navigation works.

The on-line help will give you some help. However, you really need to go on the CRM 3.0 Customization course which describes all of the above.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:25 PM
  • Agreed.  You definitely need to get into the Customization course.  It would also help a lot to take the application course first, but if you think you have a good handle on the application, the Customization one would be fine.

When you say the default web page, what exactly do you mean?  Do you want to change all of the nomanclature in the system or are you looking for something simpler like changing the column names?  When i read your post it sounds like you want to do a lot of customizations to CRM which is done mostly in the system.
    Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:15 PM