Failure on install of Money Sunset Home Edition RRS feed

• Question

• Was using Money 2006.  Decided to install the Sunset Edition so I could continue to access my old Money File (since moved on to Quicken).

Download for new edition came down fine.  During setup, the old version of Money was removed but at end of install, got message that install failed as one or more components could not be installed.  Repeated the process and when I get to the first screen to accept/decline the license agreement, I click on Accept and the process hangs.  Can not exit without going to the task manager and ending the task.  Then get message program no longer responding.

Running Windows XP.  Verified that no remaining versions of  Money are left on the machine.

Any help in trouble shooting this would be appreciated.

Friday, August 6, 2010 5:07 PM

All replies

• Have you rebooted your computer and then installing?

Monday, August 9, 2010 3:10 AM
  • I'm having the same problem, had 2006 and am trying to install sunset via download. Rebooted computer, cleared cache and temp files, tried again, and again, and again. No luck, tells me that install failed as one or more components could not be installed. I don't have the hanging problem, but I can't get Sunset to install.
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 2:44 PM
  • I'm having the same problem, had 2006 and am trying to install sunset via download. Rebooted computer, cleared cache and temp files, tried again, and again, and again. No luck, tells me that install failed as one or more components could not be installed. I don't have the hanging problem, but I can't get Sunset to install.

Try creating a new administrative user and install as that user. That way you will have things set to defaults for that user.

Saturday, September 4, 2010 5:10 PM
  • I've just tried that...... it didn't work either.
    Sunday, September 5, 2010 11:37 AM
  • Money user since beginning. Downloaded Sunset. Norton off. Installer reads "finish". Clicked finish. Nothing; no messages . The readme is very confusing. Old Money version 17 still present--no file conversion. No trace of Sunset via Windows Exporer or Search. Tried numerous times. Beginning to wonder if Microsoft spent more than 5 minutes developing this or tested it sufficiently. (Already started using Intuit.) Suggestions? (XP pro SP3)
    Monday, September 6, 2010 4:01 PM
  • Money Sunset is version 17 with online services deactivated.  It isn't labelled as "Sunset Edition" and if you had Money Plus, there is no file conversion or noticable change other than the software won't require activation.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 4:47 PM
  • Thanks, ameridan.
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 11:10 PM