Onecare subscription confusion RRS feed

• Question

• I have a two year subscription for onecare.
    My service description on the billing info page says i can cover upto 25 PC's with my onecare subscription.
    I read all over the help pages that i can only protect 3 PC's on one subscription.
    Do i have to buy another onecare subscription to protect a 4th PC?
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:36 PM

Answers

• If you have OneCare for Server with a 25 seat client license, you can cover up to 25 computers.
    If you have a retail OneCare subscription it covers up to 3 on a subscription and you would need a 2nd subscription (using a different LiveID) for the 4th through 6th PC.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:13 PM

All replies

• If you have OneCare for Server with a 25 seat client license, you can cover up to 25 computers.
    If you have a retail OneCare subscription it covers up to 3 on a subscription and you would need a 2nd subscription (using a different LiveID) for the 4th through 6th PC.
    -steve
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:13 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Steve
    I do have a retail copy of onecare however.
    I have just this minute finished an online chat with a Onecare customer support agent and as i received an e-mail on activation of my subscription stating that i can cover upto 25 computers on my subscription that's what they have had to give me.
    I now have the capacity to add 22 more computers to my circle how cool is that.
    Now all i have to do is be able to afford 22 more computers.
    Ah well you can't have everything
    At least i can protect the 4 computers in the family under one subscription fee now.
    Andy
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:59 PM
  • Interesting. Apparently, you ended up with a OneCare for Server client site license. Had you bought this online or did you purchase and use a retail disc?
    -steve
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:55 PM
  • Hi Steve
    The Onecare retail disc was bought in a bundle with a laptop bag and wireless mouse etc when i bought a new laptop.
    I would advise all users which purchased a retail disc to check their subscription very carefully.
    It may just be Microsoft have made an error with their subscription too.
    Good luck
    Andy
    Monday, April 27, 2009 3:51 PM
  • Interesting. It would seem that your 25 seat server license key somehow got included in a retail disc package. Extra bonus for you.
    :-)
    -steve
    Monday, April 27, 2009 4:22 PM