2.  Last Name
    3.  Address
    4.  Email
    5.  Social #

The 2nd DataSet contains these columns
    1.  Class number
    2.  Class Description
    3.  Class Time

I would like to generate multipule datasets into the Microsoft's local report engine.  I do not want to create multipule .rdlc's for each output.  Is there a way to dynamically display the current dataset into a .rdlc, then generate the report?  I couldn't find a good easy example of how to approach this, thanks!

• Moved by jack 321 Monday, June 23, 2008 9:08 AM off topic
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:57 PM

Answers

• I think your question would be better here.  And yes, you can include as many data sets that you want in your SSRS project, but I would suggest writing a query to pull the data you need to use, without adding an additional data set.
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:49 AM
  • This thread was moved into the Off Topic forum. I can move it into a specific forum for you if you want.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:56 PM

All replies

•  The Student DataSet contains these columns:

A dataSet has no columns. DataSet Class has Tables.
    AlexB
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:03 PM
  • I think your question would be better here.  And yes, you can include as many data sets that you want in your SSRS project, but I would suggest writing a query to pull the data you need to use, without adding an additional data set.
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:49 AM
  • This thread was moved into the Off Topic forum. I can move it into a specific forum for you if you want.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:56 PM