Opportunities on the NFP Accelerator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I am working with the NFP addin for CRM Online 2011 and I noticed that the Opportunity entity is totally locked down. I need to show it on my "Donations" group to use it as part of my solution. Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks

Monday, June 27, 2011 3:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Juan,

Here is what you need to do.

In the Organization that you have donation management solution installed,

1. Create a new Solution, Add existing component "Sitemap", publish and Export as managed.

2. Unzip this into a folder & open the Customization.xml in any text editor/Visual Studio

3. If you want the opportunity to appear under Donations group then,

search for <Group Id="msdyn_NFP_Donations">

and under it paste the opportunity subarea xml, namely:

<SubArea DescriptionResourceId="Opportunity_SubArea_Description" Id="nav_oppts" GetStartedPanePathAdminOutlook="Opportunities_Outlook_Admin_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathOutlook="Opportunities_Outlook_User_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathAdmin="Opportunities_Web_Admin_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePath="Opportunities_Web_User_Visor.html" Entity="opportunity"/>

(I got this portion of xml by creating a solution in a clean org with the out of the box sitemap and exporting it and looking into the customization.xml)

4. Select all the  [Content_Types], customization.xml, solution.xml and zip it up.

5. Now reimport this solution (newly updated zip) into the Organization.

You should have the Opportunity area in there :)

Thanks,

RBaliga

• Marked as answer by Palak Kadakia Monday, January 23, 2012 2:47 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:07 PM

All replies

• hi,

You will need Administrator level permissions to perform the following action.

Go to Settings - Administration - Security Roles - Non-Profit User - go to 'Core Records' tab on the dialog - scroll down the list to see 'Opportunity' entity - click on the circles to give appropriate level of permissions.

You can give one of the following 4 levels of permissions. Also defined at the bottom of the same Security Role dialog:
    -Organizational
    -Parent Child business Units
    -Business Unit
    -User

thanks!

RBaliga

• Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:39 PM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:45 AM
  • Hi there,

thanks for your answer.  I already did that before, but still do not have access to show the entity in the Donations group which is what I really need.  Any idea how can I accomplish that?

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:26 PM
  • Hi Juan,

Here is what you need to do.

In the Organization that you have donation management solution installed,

1. Create a new Solution, Add existing component "Sitemap", publish and Export as managed.

2. Unzip this into a folder & open the Customization.xml in any text editor/Visual Studio

3. If you want the opportunity to appear under Donations group then,

search for <Group Id="msdyn_NFP_Donations">

and under it paste the opportunity subarea xml, namely:

<SubArea DescriptionResourceId="Opportunity_SubArea_Description" Id="nav_oppts" GetStartedPanePathAdminOutlook="Opportunities_Outlook_Admin_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathOutlook="Opportunities_Outlook_User_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathAdmin="Opportunities_Web_Admin_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePath="Opportunities_Web_User_Visor.html" Entity="opportunity"/>

(I got this portion of xml by creating a solution in a clean org with the out of the box sitemap and exporting it and looking into the customization.xml)

4. Select all the  [Content_Types], customization.xml, solution.xml and zip it up.

5. Now reimport this solution (newly updated zip) into the Organization.

You should have the Opportunity area in there :)

Thanks,

RBaliga

• Marked as answer by Palak Kadakia Monday, January 23, 2012 2:47 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:07 PM