none
Feature Request - Add "Help!" flag field to posts RRS feed

• Question

• I think a nice feature would be to have a way to flag a post as needing help. If someone has been trying to answer a question with no resolution there will be many replies showing. I think we experts are reluctant to go through posts with many replies because we think they are probably handled. A new field to alert this post as still needing help could be beneficial.
    Bob - www.crowcoder.com
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 3:19 PM

All replies

• Yes, a me too vote like Microsoft Answers would be helpful, though I don't know how hard is to port the code here.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:00 AM
  • A new field to alert this post as still needing help could be beneficial.

Propose Unanswered?   <eg>

---

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:54 AM
  • I think a nice feature would be to have a way to flag a post as needing help. If someone has been trying to answer a question with no resolution there will be many replies showing. I think we experts are reluctant to go through posts with many replies because we think they are probably handled. A new field to alert this post as still needing help could be beneficial.
    Bob - www.crowcoder.com
    Who would flag such a post in this case. I'm not against a 'me too' but that would more just explain how many people in addition to the asker have the question. I see unanswered questions with lots of replies, not as something that is probably handled, but just what it is, an unanswered questions with lots of replies ie: not handled...yet.  Either it is very complicated and hard to answer, or it was answered but no one marked it. Maybe if anyone could submit an answer and we distinguished between them, this would help. We don't have an distinction between replies attempting to drive to an answer and legitimate attempts at answers.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:49 AM
  • I see unanswered questions with lots of replies, not as something that is probably handled, but just what it is, an unanswered questions with lots of replies ie: not handled...yet.  Either it is very complicated and hard to answer, or it was answered but no one marked it.

Brent the problem is that once a thread is marked Answered it often doesn't get a second "official" look.  So, my comment above wasn't just facetious.   It would really help if the state of a thread could be changed from Answered to something else less definite.  But in order for that to happen currently it has to be done either by the OP who often has lost interest or by a moderator who is probably filtering out Answered threads.   If the proposed feature was abused the thread could then be locked, which would also be a good thing and something that is not done as often as it should be IMO.

Robert
    ---

Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:32 PM