Report Wizard RRS feed

• Question

•  

1 Account has more Cases, 1 Case has more modules, 1 module track n activities.

I want a report to show for one Account all related Cases, every Case with all modules , and for every module all the activities related and their status and other activity info...

Can this be accomplished via ReportingWizard? Because I can only select 2 entities... I know this can be done via reporting services but I want to do this within CRM.

Thanks!

Friday, July 25, 2008 8:35 AM

Answers

• If you make modules your primary entity and make activities your related activity you can do it.  Then add grouping for case:account, Case: case, and Module: Moduleid, then have the activity as the data row.

This will give you a list of all activities for module by case by account.

The activities need to be set regarding to the module to make this work.

Friday, July 25, 2008 2:47 PM

All replies

• You are right, you can only go two levels deep with the report wizard, so if you want to show all of this data, however, you can get deeper with some creative use of grouping.  For example, you could use modules for the first entity when you add columns, you can choose from any of the fields on modules or any related entity.  So you could select related Case entity and from there get the case and the account (customer) fields, which you could use for  your groupings.

The result will be a list of accounts with releated cases with related modules with related activities (4 levels deep).

I don't have have your configuration, so I can't test this specific scenario, but this is what's worked for me in other scenarios.

Friday, July 25, 2008 12:42 PM
  • What I need is in fact activities on modules... regarding is set to module, module it's related to case, case to account. If i make your scenario, I can't access anyway the activities...

Friday, July 25, 2008 2:09 PM
  • If you make modules your primary entity and make activities your related activity you can do it.  Then add grouping for case:account, Case: case, and Module: Moduleid, then have the activity as the data row.

This will give you a list of all activities for module by case by account.

The activities need to be set regarding to the module to make this work.

Friday, July 25, 2008 2:47 PM