Feature request: select/copy backup failure details from "Backup Details" window RRS feed

• General discussion

• I occasionally have backups fail.  When this happens, I find it frustrating that I can't select the text of the failure details from within the Backup Details window in order to copy and paste this into a text editor or forum post.  Can the developers please make this text selectable?  Without this, the text is nearly useless.  I can't scroll down far enough to see the entire letters of the last line of error text.

I'm sure this text is somewhere else, too, but I intuitively want to copy/handle this text from the Backup Details window.  Thanks!

I'd love to be able to post a screenshot here so I could demonstrate the problem.
    • Changed type Kelly42 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:57 PM it's not a question
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:57 PM

All replies

• I occasionally have backups fail.  When this happens, I find it frustrating that I can't select the text of the failure details from within the Backup Details window in order to copy and paste this into a text editor or forum post.  Can the developers please make this text selectable?  Without this, the text is nearly useless.  I can't scroll down far enough to see the entire letters of the last line of error text.

I'm sure this text is somewhere else, too, but I intuitively want to copy/handle this text from the Backup Details window.  Thanks!

I'd love to be able to post a screenshot here so I could demonstrate the problem.

You should post your suggestions on Connect, then post a link to it here so others can vote on it.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:21 AM