Why the bing translation api have error often? RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

i  use  bing translation api in my website.  but sometimes  the API return false, can not use. 

sometimes the translation API  is correct,   and can use.

When the translation API is return false, i use local access is correct, and can return the text.

Is there some limitations?

why?

i mean the bing translation api is ok and correct. ant my program is correct .

sometimes the bing translation have error, but in other website or other ip  is correct.

such as , if i use 127.0.0.1 access the bing translation , then it is right.

but in my website is error.

Thursday, October 6, 2011 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hello Very,

from datamarket.azure.com you get a client ID and a client secret. You use these to obtain an access token. You use this access token in the appid field of the Microsoft Translator API.

If you have a billing address in one of these countries: United States, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, you can sign up for a higher quota on datamarket.azure.com. Otherwise, please send us a mail at mtlic@microsoft.com to determine what we can do for you.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Friday, November 4, 2011 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hello very,

your quota is limited to 2 million characters per month, with a maximum of 400000 characters per hour and 2 million characters per day. If your usage is above that, an error is expected.

You may sign up for higher quotas on http://datamarket.azure.com, or contact mtlic@microsoft.com for details.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:47 AM
  • i already  sign up on  http://datamarket.azure.com   , and get a client id.

how can i get  a  Application ID such as: https://ssl.bing.com/webmaster/Developers/   this page?

i get the quota is very small in  https://ssl.bing.com/webmaster/Developers/    this page.

so  i want get a higher quotas, where can get the Application ID?

and i want to know, if i get a higher quotas, is it free?

Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:16 AM
  • i don't know the mean.

If the first day of each month,my website   Uses 2 million characters   ,The remaining 29 days can not be used?

Is or not the case?

Friday, November 4, 2011 4:35 PM
  • Hello Very,

from datamarket.azure.com you get a client ID and a client secret. You use these to obtain an access token. You use this access token in the appid field of the Microsoft Translator API.

If you have a billing address in one of these countries: United States, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, you can sign up for a higher quota on datamarket.azure.com. Otherwise, please send us a mail at mtlic@microsoft.com to determine what we can do for you.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Friday, November 4, 2011 4:44 PM
  • Hi Very,

for the free subscription that is the case, you are limited to 2 million characters a month. For a paid subscription you can renew your subscription during the month, at that point starting a new month.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Friday, November 4, 2011 4:46 PM
  • The question in this thread went way off topic to licensing?!

Let me explain the problem with a testable demonstrated example.

I've a student developer exploring Microsoft Translation API from Flash Builder (for Mobile) or AS3 using I suppose best description would be AJAX.
    Miraculously I somehow have got translations returning.

Here is an actual example to test with (which is on topic with the thread)...

As a developer I'm attempting to use XML to encapsulate multiple translations at one time.
    These are initially simple menu items titles. It actually doesn't matter how you do it but the words are separate and not a sentence which would be also unusable.

Bing translator...
    <td>
    <obj>
     Options
    </obj>
    <obj>
     Timer
    </obj>
    <obj>
     Users
    </obj>
    </td>
    returns...
    which despite the confusion of Options is the desired result...

<td>
    <obj>
    Options
    </obj>
    <obj>
    Minuterie
    </obj>
    <obj>
    Utilisateurs
    </obj>

</td>

However the Microsoft API returns...
    <td>
      <obj>
        Options de
      </obj>
      <obj>
        Timer
      </obj>
      <obj>
        Les utilisateurs
      </obj>
    </td>
    which is totally wrong and unusable.

The big question is why are these different?

Saturday, December 3, 2011 10:55 AM