replacement for "Shared folders" in remote access RRS feed

• General discussion

• As far as I've seen, most addins are made to work with the connector software. I was wondering if WHS allows to customize the remote access website. Sure, I can create a website using plain IIS, but I think developing an addin for my intentions would make it more accessible to other users.

The reason why I'm asking is my disappointment in the shared folders tab in the remote access tab. In my point of view - being a webdeveloper - these pages contain many errors, aren't very compatible non-MS browsers, and seem to react really slow.

I feel this feature can be improved quite a bit, and having the ability to publish this as an addin would make this a good idea to waste my time on this ;-)

Mathew
    Monday, October 13, 2008 12:55 PM

All replies

• Whiist!
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 10:25 AM
  • there is no way to customize the Remote Access web site. That would require the source code for the applications, and that's not available. What you can do is create additional web sites, either using traditional development tools or something like Whiist, and link to those from the Remote Access site's front page. There's a little (very little) more information about customizing the web sites in the SDK.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:26 PM
  • A shame, but I guess I can develop it as a webapplication that needs to be installed using whiist (or maybe create my own installer or something).

Mathew
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:04 AM