Subscription Status RRS feed

• Question

• My intial subscription ends 03/05/2008. Yesterday I logged into my account and used the PIN from a retail package that I've just purchased to renew the subscription and the new product key is listed.

I was expecting the Subscription Status to change to 03/05/2009 but that hasn't happened yet. Am I mistaken and will I have to wait for the present subscription to end before the new date is shown?

Thanks.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:25 PM

Answers

• It took a reload of OneCare on both Vista PC's to sort the problem out.

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:07 PM

All replies

• Did the date change within the online billing interface, but not in the local OneCare GUI on your PC? If so, this is known to take up to 24 hours to correct itself, though usually it happens more quickly.

I just did this myself two days ago and it wasn't refelected until a day later. However, if neither date has updated or your PC doesn't display correctly tomorrow, I'd send an email request to OneCare Support to ask them to look into it.

OneCareBear

Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:54 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, the online billing interface now shows 04/05/2009 - it is just the GUI on my PC that hasn't been updated even though it's more than 24 hours since I renewed.

I'll follow your advice and wait another day before I email support.

Thanks again.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 5:11 PM
  • This is strange.

My XP laptop now shows that the subscription ends 04/05/2009 but my two Vista PC's are still stuck on 03/05/2008.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 8:31 PM
  • It typically takes up to 24 hours for the updated status to be reflected on the PC. You can sometimes force the change by clicking "check for updates" in OneCare to get the newest status. If it hasn't updated after several days, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Saturday, March 8, 2008 3:18 AM
  • It took a reload of OneCare on both Vista PC's to sort the problem out.

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:07 PM
  • Sorry to read that a reinstall of both copies was the solution, but glad that it is sorted.

-steve

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 2:20 AM