Public IP provisioning RRS feed

Answers

• Normally this would require a separate IP for the ISA listener used on the Web Publishing rule for this.  but if you are not using an Edge server and are already publishing other services on the Front-end (not best practice) then you could use the same IP address, assume there is no port conflict.

Unless you are asking about using the same IP address as what's already configured on your ISA as the external IP, then if you already have SSL (TCP 443) used for something else you'l not be albe to use that IP and must selecta a new one.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, July 27, 2009 7:29 PM

All replies

• Normally this would require a separate IP for the ISA listener used on the Web Publishing rule for this.  but if you are not using an Edge server and are already publishing other services on the Front-end (not best practice) then you could use the same IP address, assume there is no port conflict.

Unless you are asking about using the same IP address as what's already configured on your ISA as the external IP, then if you already have SSL (TCP 443) used for something else you'l not be albe to use that IP and must selecta a new one.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, July 27, 2009 7:29 PM
  • Thank you very much, Jeff.  That's just the answer I was looking for.

I know this is an OCS community, but I'll give it a chance with a related question (related to public IP provisioning).

If I'm publishing Exchange 2007 with ISA 2006 and have a web listener configured for OWA with forms based authentication, I understand that same listener will allow for basic authentication and therefore can be used for Outlook Anywhere.  Now, if I wanted to use integrated authentication for Outlook Anywhere, then I understand I would need an additional public IP address with an additional web listener configured with integrated authentication, for the forms based authentication doesn't support integrated authentication.  Is that correct?

Best regards,

Mario
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:18 AM