Applications crash when automated by a UI Automation client app/tool in Windows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using an Automation tool for the automation of my Windows application.
    But my application crashes when I run automation tests.

I tried to debug the application and found that it is related to the access violation exception in UIAutomationCore.dll

I have some logs:

First chance exceptions are reported before any exception handling.
    This exception may be expected and handled.
    UIAutomationCore!GetProviderEventInfo+0x33e8a:
    6946116a 8b400c          mov     eax,dword ptr [eax+0Ch] ds:002b:0000000e=????????

But I am not able to decipher it.

Could you please help me with this?

I have searched on internet and I found this information relevant: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3005770/applications-crash-when-automated-by-a-ui-automation-client-app-in-win

But I do not know, how to get the HotFix. 

For your information, I am using Windows 10.

Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, October 27, 2020 1:07 PM

All replies

• I don't think the hotfix is applicable to Windows 10.  Furthermore, the referenced article links to this - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/this-hotfix-is-no-longer-available-24b7929a-eacd-c259-f6fa-d626aad3236a
    Tuesday, October 27, 2020 1:57 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Apart from this hotfix, is there any other way to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Thursday, October 29, 2020 4:33 AM
  • Hi NavnathK,
    The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.
    For questions about Windows, please go to Microsoft Q&A forum and you can get more professional answer.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 29, 2020 9:28 AM