external url empty RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I look at the OCS2k7 console , the external url is empty (even if I deployed an edge server) . Is there a way to enter this address manually ?

Thank you.

-Mehdi.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 9:55 PM

Answers

• Sorry for the delay - I needed to check that it applied to B3 and that I was allowed to repost it publicly

Here goes -

If you did not configure an external Web farm FQDN when you created your Enterprise pool or configured your Standard Edition Server, you must manually add this FQDN using WMI.

To configure the external Web farm FQDN

1.      Log on to a Standard Edition Server or a Enterprise Edition Server with an account that is a member of the RTCUniversalServerAdmins group or has equivalent permissions.

2.      Open a Command Prompt window: Click Start, and then point to Run. In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.

3.      At the command prompt, type wbemtest.

4.      Click Connect.

5.      In Namespace, type root\cimv2, and then click Connect.

6.      Click Query.

7.      In the Query dialog, under Enter query, type the following and then click Apply:

For an Enterprise pool:

Select * from MSFT_SIPGroupExpansionSetting where backend="server display name\\<sql instance>”

Example:

Select * from MSFT_SIPGroupExpansionSetting where backend="server1\\RTC”

For a Standard Edition Server:

Select * from MSFT_SIPGroupExpansionSetting where backend="(local)\\rtc”

Example:

Select * from MSFT_SIPGroupExpansionSetting where backend="server1 \\RTC”

8.      In Query Result, double-click the result.

9.      In the Object editor, in the Properties list find ExternalDLExpansionWebURL, and then click Edit Property.

10.   In Property Editor, click Not null.

11.   Under Value, enter the external Web farm URL in the format https://<location>.

12.   Click Save Property.

13.   Click Close twice.

14.   Click Query.

15.   In the Query dialog, under Enter query, type the following and then click Apply:

For an Enterprise pool:

Select * from MSFT_SIPDataMCUCapabilitySetting where backend="server display name\\<sql instance>”

Example:

Select * from MSFT_SIPDataMCUCapabilitySetting where backend="server1\\RTC”

Select * from MSFT_SIPDataMCUCapabilitySetting where backend="(local)\\rtc”

16.   In Query Result, double-click the result.

17.   In the Object editor, in the Properties list find ExternalClientContentDownloadURL, and then click Edit Property.

18.   In Property Editor, click Not null.

19.   Under Value, enter the external Web farm URL in the format https://<location>.

20.   Click Save Property.

21.   Click Close twice.

22.   Click Query.

23.   In the Query dialog, under Enter query, type the following and then click Apply:

For an Enterprise pool:

Select * from MSFT_SIPAddressBookSetting where backend="server display name\\<sql instance>”

Example:

Select * from MSFT_SIPAddressBookSetting where backend="server1\\RTC”

Select * from MSFT_SIPAddressBookSetting where backend="(local)\\rtc”

24.   In Query Result, double-click the result.

25.   In the Object editor, in the Properties list find ExternalURL, and then click Edit Property.

26.   In Property Editor, click Not null.

27.   Under Value, enter the external Web farm URL in the format https://<location>.

28.   Click Save Property.

29.   Click Close twice.

30.   Click Exit.

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Mehdi,

Can you specify a little more? What external URL are you talking about? Where in the console are you looking?
    Thanks.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:31 PM
  • On OCS console , when I click on the pool , at the right pane it shows the server setting. If I go to the meeting settings , I have External URL for meeting content download : <None>

and External URL for group expansion : <None>

Thank you.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:12 AM
  • You can do something with LCSCMD command line I believe, with the /ExternalWebFQDN  switch. I havent found a way to do it via the console yet as its all greyed out.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 7:10 PM
  • It's described in the OCS Edge Server Deploy documentation in Appendix E - Manually Configuring the External Web Farm FQDN on Internal Standard Edition Servers or Pools.
    Saturday, June 16, 2007 11:22 PM
  • I don't find any Appendix E on the OCS Edge Server Deploy Documentation. Is it on the Public Beta ?

Sunday, June 17, 2007 3:50 AM
  • No, sorry I was looking in a newer version of the documentation

Sunday, June 17, 2007 11:53 AM
  • Can you post me the Appendix E ? or send it to me by email ?

Thank you.

Sunday, June 17, 2007 5:44 PM
  • Sorry for the delay - I needed to check that it applied to B3 and that I was allowed to repost it publicly

Here goes -

If you did not configure an external Web farm FQDN when you created your Enterprise pool or configured your Standard Edition Server, you must manually add this FQDN using WMI.

To configure the external Web farm FQDN

1.      Log on to a Standard Edition Server or a Enterprise Edition Server with an account that is a member of the RTCUniversalServerAdmins group or has equivalent permissions.

2.      Open a Command Prompt window: Click Start, and then point to Run. In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.

3.      At the command prompt, type wbemtest.

4.      Click Connect.

5.      In Namespace, type root\cimv2, and then click Connect.

6.      Click Query.

7.      In the Query dialog, under Enter query, type the following and then click Apply:

For an Enterprise pool:

Select * from MSFT_SIPGroupExpansionSetting where backend="server display name\\<sql instance>”

Example:

Select * from MSFT_SIPGroupExpansionSetting where backend="server1\\RTC”

Select * from MSFT_SIPGroupExpansionSetting where backend="(local)\\rtc”

Example:

Select * from MSFT_SIPGroupExpansionSetting where backend="server1 \\RTC”

8.      In Query Result, double-click the result.

9.      In the Object editor, in the Properties list find ExternalDLExpansionWebURL, and then click Edit Property.

10.   In Property Editor, click Not null.

11.   Under Value, enter the external Web farm URL in the format https://<location>.

12.   Click Save Property.

13.   Click Close twice.

14.   Click Query.

15.   In the Query dialog, under Enter query, type the following and then click Apply:

For an Enterprise pool:

Select * from MSFT_SIPDataMCUCapabilitySetting where backend="server display name\\<sql instance>”

Example:

Select * from MSFT_SIPDataMCUCapabilitySetting where backend="server1\\RTC”

Select * from MSFT_SIPDataMCUCapabilitySetting where backend="(local)\\rtc”

16.   In Query Result, double-click the result.

17.   In the Object editor, in the Properties list find ExternalClientContentDownloadURL, and then click Edit Property.

18.   In Property Editor, click Not null.

19.   Under Value, enter the external Web farm URL in the format https://<location>.

20.   Click Save Property.

21.   Click Close twice.

22.   Click Query.

23.   In the Query dialog, under Enter query, type the following and then click Apply:

For an Enterprise pool:

Select * from MSFT_SIPAddressBookSetting where backend="server display name\\<sql instance>”

Example:

Select * from MSFT_SIPAddressBookSetting where backend="server1\\RTC”

Select * from MSFT_SIPAddressBookSetting where backend="(local)\\rtc”

24.   In Query Result, double-click the result.

25.   In the Object editor, in the Properties list find ExternalURL, and then click Edit Property.

26.   In Property Editor, click Not null.

27.   Under Value, enter the external Web farm URL in the format https://<location>.

28.   Click Save Property.

29.   Click Close twice.

30.   Click Exit.

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:30 PM
  • Tip: Do NOT click Close twice, but rather click "Save object"and then click Close. In my case, when I clicked Close twice, it didn't save the new setting.

Monday, August 20, 2007 7:12 PM