I am SO illiterate RRS feed

• Question

• new totally to windows OS. Been a mac guy for years. bUT just trashed my macbook recently and found a laptop with windows XP. He seemed real legit and all. he actually showed me a sticker on the back that has my registered #'s on it. I need to get a hard copy from here? How?

I really appreciate any info!

dan

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:54 PM

Answers

• Hello Dan,

If I understand correctly you recently purchased a laptop from an individual which has Windows XP? You have a few options but I will provide you with the quickest and least expensive way. Please contact the Technical Support section for the manufacturer of your laptop. Please have the laptop handy as they will more than likely ask you for the model number, serial number, the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker information. You will want to order the recovery software media which contains the operating system, drivers and any associated software which came preinstalled with the system @ the  time of the original purchase. There may be a nominal fee associated but it is still the cheapest way.  Hope this helps you :-).

Have a great week,

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:42 PM