Does the 10 client limit include the server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, I searched around in the forums but didn't come accross my problem. 

I have an HP MediaSmart (PC1) with 9 clients attached (PC2-10).  I am trying to add my 10th client (PC11) but get an error message that the 10 client limit has been reached.  So my question is - does the server itself count as one of those 10 client licenses such that I can only add 9 additional computers to my network?  Seems kinda odd...
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 3:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi All, I searched around in the forums but didn't come accross my problem. 

I have an HP MediaSmart (PC1) with 9 clients attached (PC2-10).  I am trying to add my 10th client (PC11) but get an error message that the 10 client limit has been reached.  So my question is - does the server itself count as one of those 10 client licenses such that I can only add 9 additional computers to my network?  Seems kinda odd...

No, it doesn't.  You probably have an old client floating around in the registry.
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 3:16 AM
  • Thanks, that helped.  I found a misc. reg key and deleted it. 

Reg Key located here ->http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/thread/2c2ab978-2ae2-47a5-94e5-b380c8308617
    • Marked as answer by kdroyer Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:26 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:26 AM