Setup PP1 Beta on WHS oem RRS feed

• Question

• Once the original WHS product was released to the public, I opted to purchase an oem copy from Newegg and reconfigured my server.  Now I am interested in participating in the PP1 Beta test program but I'm wondering if I need to download and install the WHS Eval version first or if I can add the Beta download to my commercially available software.  I would think there might be an advantage to reporting issues with the PP addition to the oem WHS software but I'm open for direction.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 1:08 AM

Answers

•  Panama Red wrote:
    Once the original WHS product was released to the public, I opted to purchase an oem copy from Newegg and reconfigured my server.  Now I am interested in participating in the PP1 Beta test program but I'm wondering if I need to download and install the WHS Eval version first or if I can add the Beta download to my commercially available software.  I would think there might be an advantage to reporting issues with the PP addition to the oem WHS software but I'm open for direction.

No, you can install PP1 beta on any RTM version of WHS (OEM or Eval).  However, it is strongly recommended that you backup all of your documents on WHS before installing it.  (IMO, if your WHS setup you have now is stable, I wouldn't risk installing any beta software on it.)

Thursday, June 5, 2008 1:12 AM

All replies

•  Panama Red wrote:
    Once the original WHS product was released to the public, I opted to purchase an oem copy from Newegg and reconfigured my server.  Now I am interested in participating in the PP1 Beta test program but I'm wondering if I need to download and install the WHS Eval version first or if I can add the Beta download to my commercially available software.  I would think there might be an advantage to reporting issues with the PP addition to the oem WHS software but I'm open for direction.

No, you can install PP1 beta on any RTM version of WHS (OEM or Eval).  However, it is strongly recommended that you backup all of your documents on WHS before installing it.  (IMO, if your WHS setup you have now is stable, I wouldn't risk installing any beta software on it.)

Thursday, June 5, 2008 1:12 AM
  • Thank you for the quick reply.  Maybe I should reconsider and practice what I preach "If it ain't broke, don't fix it - or tweak it til it breaks!"
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 1:20 AM