Moved from workgroup to Corp Domain on one machine, shares not working correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Had to move my work laptop to the corporate domain which of course implied a new username etc..  I added the corporate username to the userlist on WHS and put in full access on all WHS shares for that username.  I then reinstalled the WHS connector software while logged into the work laptop using that user ID.  I can see and map drives  to all the shares using the "shared folders" function under the Server Connector, I can read from 8 of the 11 shares, cannot read from three of the shares.  Of the ones that I can read, I cannot write ANY files to them.  Can somebody tell me what I am possibly overlooking?
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:07 AM

All replies

• Had to move my work laptop to the corporate domain which of course implied a new username etc..  I added the corporate username to the userlist on WHS and put in full access on all WHS shares for that username.  I then reinstalled the WHS connector software while logged into the work laptop using that user ID.  I can see and map drives  to all the shares using the "shared folders" function under the Server Connector, I can read from 8 of the 11 shares, cannot read from three of the shares.  Of the ones that I can read, I cannot write ANY files to them.  Can somebody tell me what I am possibly overlooking?

Is the Guest account on your server enabled?  If so, what happens if you disable it, then log off and log back back on to your client?
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:12 AM
  • Just a couple of extra ideas
    Did you disable/delete the old user account for the pc as whs could be getting confused

and probably worth rebooting after the changes to see if that clears the permissions confusion

Tim
    2 pata, 4 sata, 4.4tb storage, 2gig ram - home bake system
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:45 PM
  • The username for your domain, as far as Windows is concerned locally, may not be what you think it is. The most reliable way to deal with this: 
    • Start the advanced user accounts control panel applet by e.g. typing "control userpasswords2" in the Run... dialog (XP) or the search box (Vista). 
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Click the Manage Passwords button.
    • If your server is listed here, select it and click Remove.
    • Click Add.
    • Enter your server name, the name of a user on your server (in the format <servername>\<username>, e.g. rick_server\rick), and the user's password.
    • Confirm your way back out.
    This will cache a set of credentials locally for your server, and associate them with your domain account.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:09 PM