Mortgage update interest rate - Your loan account was not created RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been using MS Money for more than 20 years to track my mortgage, now I believe I'm using the latest version.

For the annual interest rate update I used to go to 'Change account settings' (in the mortgage account), then 'Update Interest Rate', enter the new data and it worked fine.

But this year I've got this message in response. I've tried in many different ways with no success, I always get the same error.

'Your loan account was not created. There was an error setting it up.'

Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Rafa.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 10:01 AM

All replies

• OK, I fixed it myself. I just restored the most recent backup and it worked.

Something similar has happened to me in other ocassions. After a program error when trying to introduce data, I restore the last backup and it works well, but it never had happened before with the mortage rates, so I didn't think about this until now. It seems that the mny file is more prone to errors than the mbf file of the backup.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 10:56 AM
  • Congratulations on having a suitable backup.

With Money 2005, you don't get multiple backups automatically, so you need to keep multiple vintage of backup, in case there is a problem occurrence. You don't want to overwrite your only good backup with a backup of a problem file.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:43 PM