Same Entity displaying multiple times in Accounts submenu RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 fields in the Opportunities entity to lookup account names from the Accounts entity.   Sometimes the entry is the same company, sometimes different.  So I have the following fields:

"End User", "Bill to Company", "Agent".

But, when I'm in any Account entity, and select the submenu for that account, I'm seeing 3 Opportunity submenus under the Common section and another one in the Sales section.

Not being a DB wizard, but smart enough to figure things out, I'm sure it has something to do with the relationship. between the 3 fields and the account entity.

Any ideas how to solve this without removing the three fields?

Monday, September 19, 2016 5:05 PM

Answers

• You have three fields in opportunity and that means the account and contact related in 3 different ways, so obviously system will show three sub menu(navigation) in Account for the three opportunities.

Option is to remove the link if you dont want to see the opportunities from account, you can do that by editing the account form and click navigation and remove the links for the opportunity. To make all three to be available in same window is tough and require extensive customization

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by Jwindsor Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:15 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 5:01 AM

All replies

• You have three fields in opportunity and that means the account and contact related in 3 different ways, so obviously system will show three sub menu(navigation) in Account for the three opportunities.

Option is to remove the link if you dont want to see the opportunities from account, you can do that by editing the account form and click navigation and remove the links for the opportunity. To make all three to be available in same window is tough and require extensive customization

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by Jwindsor Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:15 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 5:01 AM
  • Thanks Hari,

That was very helpful and exactly what I needed.  Learned something new and was able to clean up some of the other menus too.

Jeff

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:18 PM