Error while retrieving document body of note with size 20 MB RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a plugin for a CRM 2016 On Premise implementation.

The max file size setting has been set to 30,000 KB in Administration -> system settings -> Email tab.

I have a plugin which runs asynchronously on post create of notes.

The plugin checks if the note has an attachment and if the attachment is present, it gets the attachment and uploads it to sharepoint.

I have been able to load notes with attachments of up to 16 MB successfully through the plugin.

However, when I create a note with an attachment of size 20 MB, I async plugin fails with the following error:

Bad Data: Plugin data is corrupted or too large.

I read the attribute into a byte array using the ConvertToBase64 message on the documentbody attribute of the note.

Can anyone help me with the issue or suggest some approaches I can try out to troubleshoot and solve this problem?

Monday, September 26, 2016 7:48 PM

All replies

• How about a Workflow?? Also please tell details if Online or on premise (both crm and sharepoint)

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:45 AM
  • Hi Hari,

Thank you for the suggestion

Both the CRM and Sharepoint are onPremise.

CRM version is 2016 and Sharepoint version is 2013.

I will try the workflow and see if it works.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:21 PM
  • Also i hope you are using Sharepoint Client DLL to transfer the data from CRM to Sharepoint. Do let me know if workflow works

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 4:50 PM