Deployment Manager Crash when trying to configure Claims-Based Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install the release of CRM 2011 onto one machine. SQL 2008 R2 with reporting services is also installed on the same machine. I am able to install everything successfully but now I am trying to configure claims-based authentication. Everything goes fine until the "Apply" step, and Deployment Manager crashes. Here is the error:

Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in

FX:{1ac9de3e-24ae-480d-9e15-65386b76e433}

Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.Crm.CrmException,Microsoft.Crm, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Exception Type:

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException

Exception Stack Trace:

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatus.BeginRequest(IMessageClient messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInRequestOperation.ProcessRequest() at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.OnThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback callback)

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• I am trying to install the release of CRM 2011 onto one machine. SQL 2008 R2 with reporting services is also installed on the same machine. I am able to install everything successfully but now I am trying to configure claims-based authentication. Everything goes fine until the "Apply" step, and Deployment Manager crashes. Here is the error:

Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in

FX:{1ac9de3e-24ae-480d-9e15-65386b76e433}

Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.Crm.CrmException,Microsoft.Crm, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

E x ception Type:

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException

E xception Stack Trace:

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatus.BeginRequest(IMessageClient messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInRequestOperation.ProcessRequest()
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.OnThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback callback)

Exactly the same problem for me too. I had everything already configured and working perfectly fine. Uninstalled and Re-Installed ADFS 2.0 since I was going to use a valid wildcard certificate instead of the self-signed wildcard cert that I was already using.

Everything works fine during the Claims-Based Wizard from the Deployment Manager until the last step when it has to apply the changes.

Tried disabling and enabling everything but no luck

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:45 PM
  • Okay, I think that the issue here was with a specific certificate. We bought another and it worked perfectly fine. I do not know if NWofford had the same certificate as mine but this definitely seems like a bug in the Deployment Manager.
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:25 AM
  • The problem was this one : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2496441
    Saturday, March 26, 2011 10:19 AM
  • Hi crm2011tester,

I have a similar problem at the moment. You said you bought another certificate and it fixed your problem. what certificate did you buy in the end? who is the certificate provider? is that a wild card certificate again?

Thanks

Nemath

Nemath
    Friday, May 20, 2011 11:06 AM