Please wait while the wizard collects information about this computer- when trying to configure backup. RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to configure the backup (Backup Configuration Manager) my server hangs at the screen with this message: Please wait while the wizard collects information about this computer. I have turned off the 3rd party firewall on that PC and still nothing happens. It just sits at that screen. Any ideas?

I did just get a message after 5 mins. PC is unresponsive. I can ping it. Any ideas?
    • Edited by jshoemaker21 Sunday, April 26, 2009 10:31 PM More Info
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 8:24 PM

All replies

• When trying to configure the backup (Backup Configuration Manager) my server hangs at the screen with this message: Please wait while the wizard collects information about this computer. I have turned off the 3rd party firewall on that PC and still nothing happens. It just sits at that screen. Any ideas?

I did just get a message after 5 mins. PC is unresponsive. I can ping it. Any ideas?

Are you able to backup other client PCs?  Have you tried running chkdsk /r on that client?
    Monday, April 27, 2009 12:39 AM