web sites won't let me log in following tune up RRS feed

• Question

• i have 3 pc's running one care, and this week was tune up week i ran tune on my laptop and one of the computers but not the third, following tune up i cannot log into some websites, the are saved in my favourites and user names and passwords are remembered by the system. when i try to log in, the sites return me to the log in page. they do not report wrong username/password.  this error is only on the system[s] that ran tune up it is the sames sites on both machines but the machine that did not run tune up is working fine.

what has tune up done and how can i undo it?

many thanks
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 10:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• If you manually type in your user name and password are you able to log on to these sites? What browser and version are you using?
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 1:11 PM
  • whether i type the username and password manually or not the site still returns me to the log in page.

I'm running IE8 on one machine and IE7 on the other.

many thanks Jim
    Monday, May 11, 2009 7:58 AM
  • I haven't seen Tune-up causing this kind of an issue, but I'd suggest deleting cookies and temporary Internet fiels from IE/Tools/Internet Options and see if that resolves it. Note that you will have to manually log in everywhere after this. You can also try resetting IE to default - that's found on the Advanced tab in the IE options.

if that does not resolve it, you can either pursue this via the information here:

Internet Explorer Solution Center

or contact OneCare support since it appeared to happen after the Tune-up.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, May 11, 2009 12:45 PM