none
SORAUGetTxPacket in umxsdrbrick

Question

• Hi, 

I've got a question regarding the brick implementation of 802.11 and its interaction with SORAuGetTxPacket(). I'm not sure how SORAuGetTxPacket() returns a packet from NDIS in mac.cpp (\umxsdrbrick\), whilst having no configuration with the NDIS wrapper.

In other words, how does the HwTestDriver gets the packets from the TCP/IP Windows stack in the current code for brick implementation? 

Thanks,

Apurv

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Apurv,

HWTEST in a NDIS Miniport Driver, send packets will finally be delivered to it.

It has the ability to queue such packets and provide APIs to access the packets.

Paul

• Marked as answer by Qi LuoEditor Friday, June 28, 2013 3:15 AM
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Apurv,

HWTEST in a NDIS Miniport Driver, send packets will finally be delivered to it.

It has the ability to queue such packets and provide APIs to access the packets.

Paul

• Marked as answer by Qi LuoEditor Friday, June 28, 2013 3:15 AM
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:42 AM
  • Hi Paul, 

Thanks for the reply. A related question is - basically I can't find the code where the application is sending packets to the HWTestDriver. My understanding is that some app must be pumping packets into it through the NDIS interface - just need to locate the code that is doing it in the default SORA package for umxsdrbrick. 

Thanks,

Apurv

Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:49 PM
  • Hi Apurv,

The HWTest driver is a NDIS driver, and it simulate an wired Ethernet NIC in Windows. The OS will route proper application packets to this NIC according to IP address. For example, you can use iperf or ping as application layer to feed the packets to HWTest.

-Qi

Friday, June 28, 2013 3:06 AM
    Answerer