Missing Folder RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Win7 Ultimate x86 on a machine that had previously been connected to my mesh using Vista. I removed the machine from my mesh before re-adding it under Win7 using first the same name, and then a different name once I discovered that one of my folders was not showing up. This folder shows up on every other device I have in my mesh, and I am able to modify the folder's sync settings for this machine from the Live Desktop, but I still have not been able to coerce the folder into showing up. I have tried copying the files manually and adding the folder to my mesh using the same folder name, but this just created a duplicate folder containing no files. Any idea how I can fix this?
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:39 AM

Answers

• I would once again remove the PC from your Mesh on the Live Desktop and also remove Live Mesh from the PC. Then reinstall Live Mesh on the PC and all folders should be offered for you to associate as desired to sync locally.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:18 PM

All replies

• I would once again remove the PC from your Mesh on the Live Desktop and also remove Live Mesh from the PC. Then reinstall Live Mesh on the PC and all folders should be offered for you to associate as desired to sync locally.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:18 PM
  • Thanks, that did the trick.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:27 PM
  • Great - thanks for confirming!
    -steve
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:32 PM