Windows XP Home edition activation RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir

I have purchased an HP laptop 4024 Pavillion and installed the original windows XP home edition 3 weaks ago which was attached with the laptop. Product no is:

*****.*****.*****.*****.*****

currenlty, I am unable to activate window as installation ID is required. Please help me as 6 days left to complete activation.

Regards

Tariq Ismail

Egypt

tariqmhi@hotmail.com 

Monday, April 23, 2007 8:03 PM

Answers

• Hello tariqmhi,

From your post, your Windows XP appears to need to be Activated. If you cannot successfully activate via the internet, then choose the alternative option to "activate by phone".

How to activate Windows XP by phone

To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:

1. Click 'Start', point to 'All Programs', point to 'Accessories', point to 'System Tools', and then click 'Activate Windows'.
      Or,
    click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area (aka system Tray).
      Or,
    clicking Start button, then Run, and type in "oobe/msoobe /a", then press the Enter key located on your keyboard.

2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.  

3. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.

4. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.
     "You have successfully activated your copy of Windows". 

How to activate Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890/en-us

Thank you,

Darin Smith

MGA Forum Program Manager

--------------------------------------------------------

All Users: Please go to http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1255325&SiteID=25 before posting a question.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:15 AM
  • Thanks for your support. Your advise works.
    Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:15 PM
  • Hi,

I bought a new pc with windows xp installed and want to activate it.

The activation by phone is misleading since the phone numbers of Egypt are not right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please advise the right phone numbers.

best regards

Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:22 PM
  • Hello,

You will find Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers located here:

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/vol/numbers.mspx

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:14 PM

All replies

• Hello tariqmhi,

From your post, your Windows XP appears to need to be Activated. If you cannot successfully activate via the internet, then choose the alternative option to "activate by phone".

How to activate Windows XP by phone

To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:

1. Click 'Start', point to 'All Programs', point to 'Accessories', point to 'System Tools', and then click 'Activate Windows'.
      Or,
      Or,
    clicking Start button, then Run, and type in "oobe/msoobe /a", then press the Enter key located on your keyboard.

2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.  

3. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.

4. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

MGA Forum Program Manager

All Users: Please go to http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1255325&SiteID=25 before posting a question.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:15 AM
  • Thanks for your support. Your advise works.
    Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:15 PM
  • Hi,

I bought a new pc with windows xp installed and want to activate it.

The activation by phone is misleading since the phone numbers of Egypt are not right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please advise the right phone numbers.

best regards

Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:22 PM
  • Hello,

You will find Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers located here:

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/vol/numbers.mspx

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:14 PM
  •  

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE ACITVATION OF MY WINDOW XP. MY LAPTOP ADVENT 7060 WAS RUNNING SMOOTHLY BEFORE I DID SYSTEM RECOVERY WHEN THE D: DRIVE WAS NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY, I COULD NOT READ CD OR VCD ROM. AFTER I FINISHED THE SYSTEM RECOVERY, THE PC STARTED DEMANDING FOR THE ID THAT WILL BE GIVEN TO ME BY MICROSOFT REPRESENTATIVE. THE PC WAS BOUGHT TO ME BY MY BROTHER IN LONDON. I HAVE THE PRODUCT KEY WRITTEN ON THE C OF A , THE ACTIVATION NUMBER. BUT MY PROBLEM IS HOW TO CONTACT THE MICROSOFT. I'M IN NIGERIA. I HAVE TRIED TO SKIP THE ACTIVATION AND CONTINUE WITH MY NORMAL WINDOW BUT THE PC COULD NOT BUDGE OR RESPOND TO ANYTHING. ON BOOTING, IT WILL DISPLAY A MESSAGE THAT I SHOULD ACTIVATE WINDOW, SO NOTHING OPENS. MY PC IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET AND I DO NOT KNOW ON HOW TO ACTIVATE VIA PHONE. I ONLY MAKE USE OF WIRELESS GSM HANDSET. SHOULD I CONTACT THE LONDON BASED MICROSOFT OR THAT OF NIGERIA? OR IS THERE ANY WAY I COULD SKIP THE ACTIVATION AND GO ON WITH MY NORMAL PC UTILITY? IS THERE A WAY I COULD E-MAIL TO MICROSOFT THE PRODUCT KEY ON THE C OF A OF THE COMPUTER, THE ACTIVATION NUMBER FOR THE RECEPTION OF ID FOR ACTIVATION, SO THAT I WILL GET THE CONFIRMATION ID FROM MY E MAIL, maxiugobiks@yahoo.com. I COULD NOT GET ANY OF THEIR E MAIL ADDRESSES ON THE WEB, I HAVE TRIED BUT TO NO AVAIL. THE METHODS OF ACTIVATION ARE VERY CUMBERSOME TO ME. LOOKING FOR POSITIVE RESPONSE. THANKS

MAXIMILIAN OBIAKOR

NIGERIA

maxiugobiks@yahoo.com

Sunday, December 16, 2007 6:48 PM
  •  MAXIMILIAN OBIAKOR wrote:

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE ACITVATION OF MY WINDOW XP. MY LAPTOP ADVENT 7060 WAS RUNNING SMOOTHLY BEFORE I DID SYSTEM RECOVERY WHEN THE D: DRIVE WAS NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY, I COULD NOT READ CD OR VCD ROM. AFTER I FINISHED THE SYSTEM RECOVERY, THE PC STARTED DEMANDING FOR THE ID THAT WILL BE GIVEN TO ME BY MICROSOFT REPRESENTATIVE. THE PC WAS BOUGHT TO ME BY MY BROTHER IN LONDON. I HAVE THE PRODUCT KEY WRITTEN ON THE C OF A , THE ACTIVATION NUMBER. BUT MY PROBLEM IS HOW TO CONTACT THE MICROSOFT. I'M IN NIGERIA. I HAVE TRIED TO SKIP THE ACTIVATION AND CONTINUE WITH MY NORMAL WINDOW BUT THE PC COULD NOT BUDGE OR RESPOND TO ANYTHING. ON BOOTING, IT WILL DISPLAY A MESSAGE THAT I SHOULD ACTIVATE WINDOW, SO NOTHING OPENS. MY PC IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET AND I DO NOT KNOW ON HOW TO ACTIVATE VIA PHONE. I ONLY MAKE USE OF WIRELESS GSM HANDSET. SHOULD I CONTACT THE LONDON BASED MICROSOFT OR THAT OF NIGERIA? OR IS THERE ANY WAY I COULD SKIP THE ACTIVATION AND GO ON WITH MY NORMAL PC UTILITY? IS THERE A WAY I COULD E-MAIL TO MICROSOFT THE PRODUCT KEY ON THE C OF A OF THE COMPUTER, THE ACTIVATION NUMBER FOR THE RECEPTION OF ID FOR ACTIVATION, SO THAT I WILL GET THE CONFIRMATION ID FROM MY E MAIL, maxiugobiks@yahoo.com. I COULD NOT GET ANY OF THEIR E MAIL ADDRESSES ON THE WEB, I HAVE TRIED BUT TO NO AVAIL. THE METHODS OF ACTIVATION ARE VERY CUMBERSOME TO ME. LOOKING FOR POSITIVE RESPONSE. THANKS

MAXIMILIAN OBIAKOR

NIGERIA

maxiugobiks@yahoo.com

If you cannot successfully activate via the internet, then choose the alternative option to "activate by phone".

How to activate Windows XP by phone:

Or,
      Or,

Sunday, December 16, 2007 7:06 PM