Continued request for product key RRS feed

• Question

• More people have started to use Office 2010. I was finding that if I recieved an attachment from someone using it I could only read not forward or modify .

I decided that I should move on from my...dont laugh, Office 2003, onto the new platform.  I purchased Home Office and student 2010 (3PCs) from PC world

loaded no problems into my computer and my wife's all went well until recently my wife started to get warnings that her Office was a trial edition and she had to put in the key code

this was done. she was then asked if she wanted to buy office 2010 ???? before her copy timed out on the 28th of November, I then started to get the same message

we are worried now that on the 28th of November all of our files will be lost as this stupid package self destructs.

The Logic behind the purchase of software is this.    Select utility program.....make purchase....download and enter key .....register if needed. use the program. Life then continues

hassle free. Can someone please explain to me and maybe to microsoft what the ____ is happening. For sure I am not the only one this is happening to.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:46 AM

Answers

• More people have started to use Office 2010. I was finding that if I recieved an attachment from someone using it I could only read not forward or modify .

I decided that I should move on from my...dont laugh, Office 2003, onto the new platform.  I purchased Home Office and student 2010 (3PCs) from PC world

loaded no problems into my computer and my wife's all went well until recently my wife started to get warnings that her Office was a trial edition and she had to put in the key code

this was done. she was then asked if she wanted to buy office 2010 ???? before her copy timed out on the 28th of November, I then started to get the same message

we are worried now that on the 28th of November all of our files will be lost as this stupid package self destructs.

The Logic behind the purchase of software is this.    Select utility program.....make purchase....download and enter key .....register if needed. use the program. Life then continues

hassle free. Can someone please explain to me and maybe to microsoft what the ____ is happening. For sure I am not the only one this is happening to.

You need to remove the trial and activation assistant on the wife's computer for the Office 2007 trial that is on it.  Once done reboot the computer and then try activating Office 2010.  You may need to also do a repair (Control Panel, Programs and Features) on the 2010 install once 2007 is removed.

If this doesn't fix here issues let us know.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 1, 2010 11:07 PM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:26 PM