none
Forum behavior is suspect.

Question

• I am getting "certificate" errors on the forum and the links for "Reply/Edit/Propose" are non functional. This seems to come and go. I am also getting dozens of blank emails from "MicrosoftAnswers.

Here is one email address: "Microsoft Community <MicrosoftAnswers@microsoft.com>"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:42 PM

Answers

• There were definitely some issues earlier this afternoon, but they had cleared up about an hour or so later.

Have you contacted the forums team directly (send an email to fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com if you haven't)? That's probably going to be the quickest way to report any lingering issues to them.

I haven't personally gotten any of these blank emails, but I don't think I have an active profile over on the Answers site.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,085+ strong and growing)

Thursday, October 9, 2014 11:55 PM
  • I experienced similar problems several hours ago and emailed fissues about it, but it seemed to clear up about 3 hours ago. Several others also experienced problems. For me I could not reply, mark proposed, or select from the Quick Access menu, and avatars did not show up. If you are still having problems, email fissues at microsoft dot com. Previously when then replied asking me to try again, I replied that the problem seemed resolved. They should know if it comes back.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, October 9, 2014 11:56 PM
  • Yes -- it cleared up but I posted just so it was noted.  It has been a bumpy day and now I keep getting "spammed" by Microsoft Answers with blank email notifications.  That may have also now stopped.  I posted to them about an hour ago.

"fissues" huh. I will remember that.  What does that stand for? I won't venture a guess in public.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, October 10, 2014 12:01 AM

All replies

• There were definitely some issues earlier this afternoon, but they had cleared up about an hour or so later.

Have you contacted the forums team directly (send an email to fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com if you haven't)? That's probably going to be the quickest way to report any lingering issues to them.

I haven't personally gotten any of these blank emails, but I don't think I have an active profile over on the Answers site.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 11:55 PM
  • I experienced similar problems several hours ago and emailed fissues about it, but it seemed to clear up about 3 hours ago. Several others also experienced problems. For me I could not reply, mark proposed, or select from the Quick Access menu, and avatars did not show up. If you are still having problems, email fissues at microsoft dot com. Previously when then replied asking me to try again, I replied that the problem seemed resolved. They should know if it comes back.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, October 9, 2014 11:56 PM
  • Yes -- it cleared up but I posted just so it was noted.  It has been a bumpy day and now I keep getting "spammed" by Microsoft Answers with blank email notifications.  That may have also now stopped.  I posted to them about an hour ago.

"fissues" huh. I will remember that.  What does that stand for? I won't venture a guess in public.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, October 10, 2014 12:01 AM
  • "fissues" huh. I will remember that.  What does that stand for? I won't venture a guess in public.

Yup, it's exactly what you're thinking (at least, that's what I've always gone with).

=]

Friday, October 10, 2014 12:04 AM
  • fissues == forums issues

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:41 AM