Extra draft on email reply. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am dealing with a solution where users want to send email from queue. The From field gets populated by javascript which uses the REST call to get the desired queue from custom field on system user. Sometimes it happens that we get an extra mail in Draft status where From filed contains the actual user who sent the mail. The worst is that it doesn't happen allways, and I suspect that it has something to do with time javascript takes to get the queue. Does anyone know how CRM handles this internally and what would be a possible solution?

Thanks in advance

Zarko

Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:10 PM

All replies

• You can use a plugin to do the same, and the plugin will provide a more reliable output as it is always going to run when an email is set. You can register the plugin on either the Create or the Send messages on the Email entity.

Hope this helps.

.NET Developer

Friday, July 5, 2013 1:52 PM
  • Hi, I thought about that and it is a possible solution, but I am just trying to understand when does the CRM create that extra draft email. And is this solution I have with JScript the source of the problem? There is also an issue with user not seeing that they are sending from queue, but rather as them selves.

Zarko

• Edited by Radevic Monday, July 8, 2013 12:46 PM Additional info
    Monday, July 8, 2013 12:29 PM