Money requires Internet Explorer 6 to function properly. Please reinstall Internet Explorer 6 so these components can be added RRS feed

• Question

• I just upgraded to windows 10 and intstalled money plus sunset....how can I resolve this ?

thanks!!

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:08 PM

Answers

• The following is not my authorship but it works:

Be careful which RegEdit data that you change!  It is easy to jump to the incorrect area.

https://techjourney.net/microsoft-money-requires-internet-explorer-6-to-function-properly-error-in-windows-10/

DO A FIND FOR THE FOLLOWING:

You’ve altered the wrong setting “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer” ….. don’t go to the “Version Vector” folder!!

Just the “version” setting in the “Internet Explorer” folder ONLY, this is the last level

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.

On the Version key change the .16384 to .0

This will fix Money. You don't have to change any other keys.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 4:54 PM

All replies

• The following is not my authorship but it works:

Be careful which RegEdit data that you change!  It is easy to jump to the incorrect area.

https://techjourney.net/microsoft-money-requires-internet-explorer-6-to-function-properly-error-in-windows-10/

DO A FIND FOR THE FOLLOWING:

You’ve altered the wrong setting “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer” ….. don’t go to the “Version Vector” folder!!

Just the “version” setting in the “Internet Explorer” folder ONLY, this is the last level

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.

On the Version key change the .16384 to .0

This will fix Money. You don't have to change any other keys.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 4:54 PM
  • Thanks, this works.  Another example of the Microsoft left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.  Frustrating.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 11:29 AM
  • Many thanks and much respect for this solution.  It works like a dream and has saved the day for me.
    Friday, August 14, 2015 8:23 AM
  • Brilliant. Saved my bacon! Was just about to tell MS to put me back to 8.1. Couldn't cope without Money Plus!
    Friday, August 14, 2015 9:22 AM
  • Money starts OK with the fix but as soon as I download a .ofx file from my bank it crashs 

I went back to win 8.1 and it works fine.

Friday, August 14, 2015 5:54 PM
  • I have this problem also - can someone out there suggest another fix?? 

Friday, August 14, 2015 6:57 PM
  • There are many posts on this.  You need to replace your existing mnyob99.dll file with a patched version.  See:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/money-plus-bug-and-solution-mnyob99dll?forum=money

Post back if you need help with that.

Bill Becker

Friday, August 14, 2015 7:51 PM